Monday, August 11, 2008

hook up '08

chris is a hunter and a gatherer by nature, the boy loves to catch things as previously told in older posts. this weekend, he went on an overnight deep sea fishing trip with his company. he loved it. he caught 2 fish, probably about 60lbs. total, but lost 4 fish due to lines breaking, hooks coming out, etc... the big news is that he won 2nd place in the biggest fish contest and $150(which is better then 1st place in my book because 1st place won a new reel-i'll take the cash thanks!) we seared and bbq some of the tuna last night, it was yummy. i am go glad that he had fun, he works so hard all the time that he totally deserved the break!




so cute! here are his big fish, a yellow tail and a blue something or other, I can't remember.


I am so glad that they gut and fillet the fish for you, what a headache that would be- not to mention stinky and messy!

8 comments:

Laura Horne said...

$150 and a free dinner?? Awesome!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

WOW!!! Way to go Chris!!! I'm lovin' the free money waaaay better too Dev!!

Mindy said...

Those are some of the largest FISH I have EVER seen!!! :)

The Moss Family said...

WOW! Can you imagine how much tuna you would have had if he had gotten all of those 6 fish?!?!?! Holy COW! Looks like fun though!

ollie said...

Holy Moley those fish are big!!!

Okay, so funny thing. I have been stalking your blog for quite some time now and then it dawned on me -- Shane is your cousin and therefore it's not TOO weird for me to check out your blog!!! lol!!! Hope it's okay with you!!!!

-- Ollie

Anonymous said...

A little bit better than Lake Poway fishing, eh?
Mom

Vicki said...

Way to go, Chris! Did you know that I caught a 37-1/2 inch barracuda when I was 16? I've got to find that picture!

Bryan, Rachel, Ben and Tyler Nichols said...

That's awesome! I can't believe you're going to have a baby soon. You'll be the best little mommy. Are you still living in California and what is Chris doing for work?