Saturday, March 28, 2009

watch out, i'm gettin crafty

so last week i was feeling the need to create, ya know bake something or make a craft or something. i started off with a new bow/flower clip holder for paisley, she just had some plain ribbons on the wall before and i found one similar to the one i made on a this site. i am super happy with how it turned out, especially being able to make it for so much less then it sells online. i also made her a few new flower clips. when i was putting them all on the new holder i realized that i need to stop, i mean does a baby really need 45(yes i counted them) different hair accessories before she even has hair more then an inch long?? it sure looks pretty though huh??



some of you have heard of my recent obsession with cakes. i have never really liked cake, i have said for awhile that cake just isn't for me, i love ice cream, cookies and other sweets much better. none the less i have an infatuation with cakes lately, watching food network challenges, and even attending a cake show here in san diego. i am more interested in decorating the cakes, then really eating them or baking them, so i made a cake for paisley's six month birthday (that post coming soon) and had lots of leftover icing so i make some cupcakes and gave them to my visiting teachers, i think they turned out cute and i loved the little boxes i found at michael's that they fit just perfect in.

more of my crafty/baking week will be shown in paisley's six month b'day post. here are a few random pics of paisley that are too cute not to share.

paisley really wanted to play with ava (her cousin once removed) when tommy and amy came to visit, ava wasn't so sure. ( isn't ava's little belly cute!) clearly paisley is like her momma in being a social butterfly, we love to chit chat and be with friends:)
sometimes when i am on the computer i put paisley in her crib to play with some toys and lately this is what happens, she smashes the bumper and looks out at me with those big blue eyes like a prisoner. i never last long with that cute face looking at me.



i love this picture. i think it is so funny, she looks very like 'don't mess with me,' with one hand on her ball and the other holding onto the swing. also, for some reason her face here reminds me a lot of some of my baby pictures. what can i say, she is a cutie!

4 comments:

Laura Horne said...

Look at you go! It's all so cute, but Paisley especially.

Annie. said...

Talk about CUTE! I love the cupcake idea. I would love to do that for the girls I visit. They would make great party favors too - if you found a box that would fit one cupcake each. Thanks for the tip!

Mindy said...

Dev. Seriously. You have always been able to do the most creative things - even your door decor at EFY was out of a magazine! Love it all - especially the cupcakes and the boxes! I wish I had one of those sooo badly right now! P.s. Happy belated birthday!!!

Desiree said...

I love how the flower holder turned out. I love that you've already outgrown it too. But it looks fabulous.
The cupcakes look amazing. You are born to create girl. That is so not my lot in life, but that's okay. I'll appreciate your creations. :)Love it!
And paisley is sittin pretty in that last photo I love it. I cannot wait to see you this week. Love you. AND HAppy belated birthday. I need to try you again since you were so busy the day off. LOVES!