wow, a lot has been going on and i am way behind, so here is the first effort at getting caught up. last month paisley turned 6 months old..has it really already been that long?? i have been into baking lately as previously mentioned and made her a cake (like she was going to eat any of it!) it was fun, and turned out much better then a cake i made a few weeks before thanks to all the food network cake shows i have been soaking up:)
the cake:)
i also got a bit crafty with paisley's outfit, it was fun and easy to make the tutu, headband and some adaptations to the wings. you'll see more of this outfit when i post her 6 month portraits.

paisley has been such a joy, these last 6 months have been wonderful and i can barely remember what our life was like before we had our little beauty. she is moving more and more and learning new things all the time.
the next weekend was my 26th birthday! yeah, happy birthday to me:) i had a great birthday weekend that started with getting together with andrea on friday. paisley and i headed on over to her place where she had some yummy carrot cake cup cakes waiting.
it was such a beautiful day so we plopped paisley in the stroller and walked over to the always awesome beef n' bun-yummy! nothing like pb & chocolate shakes! it was so nice to spend time with andrea and enjoy the great weather that san diego offers.
friday night chris and i went to dinner with jan and robin at one of my local favorites, dominic's. they have tasty italian food, the bread basket is fantastical!
saturday morning started out my absolute favorite way by heading to the farmer's market for crepes. seriously the next time you are here we have to go get some, they are so good!! we had a egg, bacon, spinach, tomato, etc one and a nutella and mixed fruit one, it was so good my mouth is watering right now.
after paisley's morning nap we headed to lake mira mar so that i could ride my bike. i have been wanting to go for a ride since paisley was born and was so pumped to finally do it. of course the weather was perfect and paisley rode in the stroller while chris roller bladed. we switched about 2/3 of the way around the 5 mile loop and boy was it tough to roller blade and push the stroller, chris looked pretty cute on the pink bike though!






8 comments:
OK first Happy birthday of course. Don't worry you'll get use to being 26. I remember I thought it sounded old too when I had to put that number in on the treadmill. Haha. Paisley's outfit is hilarious and adorable at the same time. I love your pink bike. And last, your purse cake is inspiring me to want to bake too. Way cute.
I love that post! And those shoes - oh my you married well! Love the shoes and the purse cake. Where did you get that pink bike. I think I'm going to stop reading your blog because with the weather, the shoes, the girl baby and pink tutus and outings for amazing food... too much too much... can't help but covet.
P.S. I love my ballet bar - need to use it more - but have used it a lot and always get fast results. I found a yoga thing that sort of diverted my attention for awhile, but I will keep my ballet bar forever.
I'm impressed with these cakes of yours. The purse one is adorable! It makes me just a little bit sad that you had to make your own birthday cake though.
Happy birthday and I think the cake looks great.
Yeah for catching up! I'm so proud of you!
I LOVE the cakes. They turned out so cute! I know how you did paisley's cake, but the purse cake? Cool! How did you do it? I LOVE it!!! Truly Deveney. :)
Paisley looked so cute. I wish you lived closer so we could shop and get cute ideas more often. It was SO fun having you here! And having a little belated birthday lunch to celebrate. :) Love you, miss you!
happy birthday! i'm obsessed with nutella so very jealous about that crepe. so excited to see you guys so soon! isabella is going to love playing with paisley!
you are amazing! i want to be just as great as you at making cakes. awesome! i love your hair and paisley too. she's so cute!
Cute cakes, Deveney, and a belated Happy Birthday. Paisley's outfit is sooo cute! It was good to see you over Conference week-end!
Post a Comment