Wednesday, June 17, 2009

i'm no bakerella....

but i am pretty good. for the last week i have had some fun baking for different events. the first being for josh's graduation(more to come on that later) i made some basic cupcakes and topped them with graduation caps made from chocolate squares, peanut butter cups and candy string. of course i decorated them with forest green-go titans! i think that they turned out pretty cute, of course not as good/perfect as i would have liked, but we women tend to be the hardest on ourselves.

next i had a baptism preview night and made some super cute pink cupcakes with blue candy stars for little miss kennedy. i made the stars from a mold with candy melts. i liked these ones a lot, such a happy color combo.

lastly, i am in a beginning cake class and tuesday was our first decorating class. the cake design is not really me, but i think it looks pretty good. i will say this,that even the basic stuff is much harder to do then it looks, but i am learning and enjoying it. the girl that i sat next to in class was named paisley-weird! so i think i will be on brake from baking for a bit-i am tired!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I am getting really into baking too and it is so fun!! Why don't we live close to each other so we can do these thing together?? I am going to try and stop and see your mom while we are there and of course I will give her a big hug for you.

Desiree said...

Dev, your cupcakes are SO adorable. I love them! The graduation caps? WHERE did you come up with that? I love it all. You're so talented!

Carole Ann & Jon said...

I'm impressed! All your desserts look fab!!! I want a piece!

Josh and Gnickie said...

You have always been very creative. I LOVE the desserts. And I must say they all look AMAZING. Pregnant people should be warned before viewing such yummy looking desserts:)

Mindy said...

Uhm ... yes. You know what you are doing. I couldn't do ANY of that even if my life depended on it!