you know when you have something coming up and you have planned to work on something weeks in advance and then it just doesn't happen?? that happened to me last month. so 3 days after i got home from mexico, paisley and i embarked on another trip to utah. in those 3 days i created quite a few things for my good friend michelle who is having her first baby boy this month. i loved making all of the things, i just wish i would have had more time to perfect them. first i did a necklace with the initial 'k' for their baby boy's name. this is actually really easy, and was part of a super saturday class for relief society.
next i made some super cute tie onesies, again not hard. my awesome friend tanya has the pattern and tutorial on her blog, check it out. i hope to have a little baby boy some time so that i can make some for him, these are just darling. i also edged the basket in matching material. [gotta love the hot glue gun!]
then i made a fairly easy blanket and matching nursing cover. i was really happy with how the nursing cover turned out, and the blanket looked ok, but i had forgotten how difficult it can be to work with minky type material. i really liked the material i found, it definitely says boy, but still cute for a boy's mom who is feminine to use and like.
lastly, the diaper cake, i just love making these, they are so not hard and look so grand. i had leftover boy ribbon from the last friend's cake, so it was a cinch to just go pick up some diapers.
i love creating things, so much fun for me and a good outlet. anyone have a project i should try??




6 comments:
You are so crafty!!
I want to learn how to make a necklace and onesies! How fun!
Your Mexico trip sounded awesome. Ahhhhh - I need a beach!
Dev, I am in AWE of your craftiness! Everything looks AMAZING!
Hey Deveney! I ran across your blog from my friend Ingrid's blog. I don't even know if you remember me, but we both lived in Old Mill and were in the same ward for a while. You were the enrichment counselor and I was in enrichment. You and Chris actually even came to our wedding reception when you guys were engaged. Anyway, let me know if you want an invite to our blog. My email is jennylynmoon@gmail.com. Also, I am currently on a sewing frenzy, and there's a blog, www.makeitandloveit.blogspot.com that I absolutely love! I don't know if you've seen it, but she is the tutorial queen for baby stuff. Your daughter is adorable, and it was fun to find your blog!
-Jenny [Moon] Friden
Jeepers creepers!! You gave so much to one person! I bet she was in AWE!! You are so talented in OHHHH so many ways!
Love your stuff...i just got introduced to makeitandloveit.blogspot.com. She has some really cute repurposing crafts that are adorable...especially for little girls. you should check it out.
Post a Comment