this weekend paisley made some big steps. and it was wonderful. first, friday night i was able to get her to sleep long enough to shower and curl my hair-it was great to get really ready for once. we went out to eat with chris's family(where paisley sat so nicely in her car seat-this is MAJOR, she has not liked her car seat at all in the past-things are getting better!) i wore jeans and pumps-it was heavenly! something about jeans and pumps makes me feel invincible and my wedding ring finally fits again. i have been trying it on everyday since giving birth and was really starting to worry that it would never fit again, and seriously almost teared up when it fit.
friday night paisley slept for a 5 hour stretch and then saturday night she slept for a 4 hour stretch, it was awesome! (of course last night didn't go as well, but we are taking baby steps) chris snapped this picture of her on our bed, she is so precious.

i really loved the year that i spent working with emily and the twins, i miss all the chaos and craziness and the friendship that em and i have. it was so nice to get to see her and for her to get to see paisley. she is great and we always had so much fun, not to mention how much i learned about childcare/being an awesome mom.







8 comments:
AWESOME!! Dev as ALWAYS you look great!! Are you already in your before baby jeans?! Wouldn't doubt it one bit!
So glad you got to see your nanny kids... I see Austin Cope at church with his fiance and think... geez, how did I ever babysit him? Am I that old?! hahhaha
Loves from Utah!
YEAH! I'm so glad you had an awesome weekend. You look so great. I'm glad you're back into your jeans and your REAL wedding ring. :) See, the hard times just make you that much more grateful when she does sleep and nap. Yeah! And I LOVE that you got to see the Weaver's. They are so great.
D-
I am jealous that you got to spend time with my family - you look awesome. I was reading your posts and I totally understand what you are going through - the motions, wanting to get out and exercise, wanting the baby to eat better, and the sleep better thing is something that Frankie STILL han't conquered! But, it does get better. Every. single. day. And just when you think you can't do it anymore, and small miracle happens. Hang in there. She is precious and you are doing a great job. And give her formula if you haven't already! I was so uptight about doing it, but man, if I could do it over again, I would have been supplementing, supplementing, supplementing! We all want to do what it 'right', etc. but I have learned more than doing what is 'right' we have to do what works! xoxoxo Kelli
she is a doll deveney. you look so great. glad to see she is sleeping a little longer.
It was so great to see you too. I am so glad that we made the trip. we love you and your little princess is just precious.
Dev, you look great! Congrats on getting her to take some baby steps w/ sleeping and such! I hear it's been a rough couple of weeks. We miss you guys!
I am really jealous that you look so wonderful! I am still running around in my sweats (and I use the term "running" very loosely. There certainly has not been any form of physical activity happening in my neck of the woods). Paisley is precious. I'm glad things are going well. Can't wait to see more pictures.
PS - Graham makes that same kissy face all the time so now you have me wondering about his back and neck. What are you supposed to do about it to fix it?
Post a Comment