Friday, October 17, 2008

kissy face

lately paisley has been making a kissy face at us, which i learned from the infant chiropractor(yes, paisley has been to the chiropractor and she is starting to do better) shows that something in her neck or back is out. that is no good, but the face she makes is super cute. here she is warming up for it.

and here is the full blown kissy face, she is so cute!

chris likes to play kissy face with her, paisley loves hanging out and playing with daddy.

new purchase for the week: swing. we are trying whatever we can to comfort paisley that isn't in someones arms. don't get me wrong we love to hold her, its just that if i am lucky i get a shower by 3 or 4 in the afternoon and getting something to eat is also practically impossible if i am by myself. so far the swing works ok, she won't stay in it very long, but long enough for me to grab a sandwich, which is great!

here are a few bath shots, paisley really does love the water and is generally satisfied with just chillin in her tub.



i am loving having paisley, it is a ton of work and sometimes i feel like i can't do it, but i keep trying and keep going. feeding paisley has been a real struggle and she just isn't like most other newborns that i hear about as far as sleeping all the time goes.(like graham) she usually goes the whole morning or afternoon without a nap(not because i don't try to get her to take one!) she just likes to be held and i am trying to keep her happy. i am excited to feel like myself again, lately i feel like i am just going through the motions. i am so excited to exercise in a few weeks and hopefully with a few more dr appointments paisley will be eating better then ever which in turn will help her be happier and sleep more. so that's what is going on for us. just trying to enjoy this time and get anything more then 4 hours of sleep a night!

9 comments:

ollie said...

Awwwww... I'm so sorry to hear that she's been crying a lot. Kelly was a MAJOR crier. Don't get upset if you do get to a point where you just can't handle it. It's okay! And it's normal! I tried to pretend that I was tough enough to handle it and I literally drove myself crazy! If you ever need a sympathetic ear, I'm here!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

Wow, an infant chiropractor?! How cool is that? Does it really help her, have you noticed a difference? Those swings are heaven-sent, she'll get addicted to it! I wish they made them in my size. Like a big battery powered hammock! Good luck and hang in there, I'm sure you are the best mom ever! Just remember, if you ever need someone to talk to I'm home all the time too!

jaime said...

oh dev. ugh. i didn't know you were having such a tough time feeding her still. i am sorry. parker was a tough baby too so i can totally sympathize. it's rough.

we are totally getting together next week. we need to get you out of the house...even if it's just coming over and sitting on my couch!

Carole Ann & Jon said...

SHe is so beautiful! YOur doing a great job being a mommy!!

Anna said...

Aahh...memories...

Your experiences right now sound SO MUCH like my experiences as a first time mom. I had the exact same cradle swing with Connor and it was a mad staple in my life. To get him to nap in it I would turn on the vacuum or blow-dryer for a while and he would fall asleep to the noise. It's funny the kind of tricks you discover as you just try to get through the infant days...I'm sure you'll find all sorts of successful ones for yourself!

Paisley's adorable! She's lucky to be your little girl because I'M SURE you're one of the best mom's out there!

Mindy said...

Why does she need to go to the chiropractor?? I hope it helps! Her little kissy face is adorable!

The Moss Family said...

Awww, Dev, you are doing a great job, I still can't wait to meet Paisley!! We will be out there for the whole week of thanksgiving and then the whole week following christmas!!!

Vicki said...

When I heard about Paisley's fussiness, I was going to recommend to you the chiropractor we had for Sarah as a baby - amazing change in one day. But it sounds like you have it under control. I never believed until then!

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Dev - I am there with you. =) Man oh man sleep - what a great thing that was. But they are just soooo cute! Hang in there. Again, I am with ya sista!