chris and i went to beautiful oregon for fourth of july weekend, for a family reunion of mine-it was amazing! i hadn't been to our family cabin for several years and had forgotten how beautiful and fun it is-i really do love the green landscape and having the river 50 ft. from the cabin is also a plus. i wish i had a better camera, these barely do it justice.
jake(my parents dog) came and loved it! one of our favorite activities was re-enacting the battle at bunker hill with pvc pipe and marshmallows-chris and i were brits, it was hysterical! my dad is an amazing shot with that pipe, i kept having to dodge him.
chris caught lots of crawdads and fish while we were there, he also managed to catch a bat(i am trying to get the video of it to post) that is why he is on the roof. the boy loves to catch things.
lots of horse-shoe was played, and chris had an amazing shot-first a leaner, then a ringer on top of the leaner-pretty impressive. he played some paintball with my cousins and i loved the massive dutch oven dinner we had our last day there! yum.
not sure why my parents gave us the massive tent, but boy was i happy to have it-their tent is on the top and ours on the bottom, with chris demonstrating what i loved most about it-we could stand all the way up in it!!
overall we had a wonderful time with my family, playing games, eating smores, playing in the river and just relaxing--we couldn't have asked for a better 4th this year!





8 comments:
That looks like so much fun!!! We are excited to see you this week! Are you going to go to the cabin with us???
What a cool place! It looks like a perfect slab of paradise! Can't wait to see the bat video!
Jan
I am so jealous I couldn't be there. It looks like everyone had a good time. I saw some of the pictures on the Harward blog and we have the same shirt! The blue flowered one from forever 21. We have such style.
Sounds fun!!! House hunting is going well. Its very scarry. We put an offer in last night and are waiting to hear back. I bet the market where you live is a little different then TN. Best of luck!
Nice pics! You have some pics of things I was wishing I had gotten for the family blog. The marshmellow war was so fun! I couldn't agree more about how fun things were and how beautiful the cabin is. Thanks for sharing! Hope you are doing good, can't waite to see that baby!
So beautiful. Sounds super fun also. I love family reunions.
Gotta love the cabin! Some of my favorite memories are from there! Good luck with the last bit of pregnancy- it really doesn't last forever!
that looks like so much fun! i was looking at that cabin and that river and i realized that i have been there!. remember when we went there in young womens. oh the good old days.
Post a Comment