Thursday, July 17, 2008

steak gorgonzola

this week chris's cousin shaun and his wife gwen were in town visiting from phoenix. it is always nice to see family, but especially shaun because he just happens to be a chef-yummmy. last night he created one of the best steaks that i have ever had and it was cooked all the way-very rare to have a steak be cooked all the way and dang delicious. robin(my father-in-law) took these pics on his cell phone because i didn't have my camera and you just have to document food this good!

shaun-the master chef

we decided to name is steak gorgonzola, first you sear the steak on the grill, then rub in down with roasted garlic and olive oil, then cover it with gorgonzola and bake it-perfection!

here is the all american meal, massive piece of steak, massive yummy potato and massive garlic herb bread it was all divine! not to mention the boston creme pie we had for dessert, so glad i am pregnant and can chalk up the few extra pounds to the baby! my lunch for today: left over grilled wild alaskan king salmon, steamed veggies(from mondays dinner), steak gorgonzola and baked potato-life is good.

2 comments:

The Moss Family said...

mmmm.....he is definitely a chef!!! I stayed with them for a week when I was like 14 and I remember the same experience!!! I'm jealous!

Meg said...

I am DEFINATELY going to try that at some event.. YUMMERS!