so i have been looking for a glider for pretty much the whole summer. i really want one for nursing and have been looking on craigslist to try and find one that we could afford. several times there have been good ones and then once i got ahold of the seller they were already gone. this glider was posted earlier this week for a great deal so i jumped on it, luckily linda(the lady selling it) said we could come look/get it last night.
i told her we would be there between 7-7:30, she lives half an hour away from chris and i, but for a deal on a good glider, we made the drive. at about 7:15, we were 3 turns away from her house, and linda calls and says, "the glider just sold" i said "what??" she then explained that someone was supposed to come after we looked at it, but they came early and bought it. i was so frustrated, i told her how close we were and that we lived half and hour away, sometimes people just don't make smart decisions. like linda here, i had talked to her first, i had an appointment first, yet i have no glider. chris and i thought about egging her house(kinda dangerous to do bad business with people who know your address) but then we decided that a blog post expressing our anger would be better. so chris and i had a lovely one hour drive to see the sights of northern san diego last night, and i am 3 days away from my due date with no glider and no prospects of one. awesome.

11 comments:
UGH! That is definitely one of the worst downsides of craigslist. People always do that lame stuff.
GOOD!!!!
My advice...don't buy a glider. Buy a lazy boy. That is what I have in Audrey's room and I swear after the TENTH time of waking up in the middle of the night you can just kick back, recline, and fall asleep and let her nurse without even worrying. It is fabulous. Plus if you get a good one...you can keep it forever as real furniture without it looking like a glider for a babies room.
Just a word of advice from a "seasoned" momma!
I agree with "abc graf". Don't buy a glider! We had one and I never used it. It was way too uncomfortable to nurse (for the short time that i did), but it was also way too uncomfortable holding a baby period. So now we have this glider that we NEVER use. I totally would have much rather gotten a used lazy boy. Even if it doesn't match the decor and is totally outdated, it's worth it!
Although a lazy boy would be nice, we do not have the room for that, we barely have the space for a glider and ottoman. Plus, as a nanny I used a glider to rock the babies and was very comfortable(sometimes closing my eyes too!) so I think it will work for me.
ugh. linda. dang her.
i can't weigh in on the glider vs lazy boy debate. i've always been to poor to get either.
but i do love the ugly rockers they have in the mother's room at church. if i wasn't so righteous i would take that puppy home...
Not all gliders are built alike! I found that out. Some have the arm rests up too high or too low or are too narrow in the seat. Breastfeeding a baby is way different than just holding him/her. Your arms get tired after hours of the same position if they aren't supported properly. Sure you can just slump down to get the right height, but then your back ends up hurting. If you can find the perfect glider, then more power to you. Otherwise check out the rocker/recliners on craigslist and you might be pleasantly surprised!
GRRR!!!! We have a lazyboy, but no way to get it down to let you guys borrow it!
Linda is on my bad list. How dare she do that to the Devstir. I can't believe she didn't tell the people that she would have to wait on your offer and that they could wait and have second pick. After all, you were right down the street.
Well, hopefully you will figure something out. Who needs Linda anyway!!!
I am getting EXCITED for lil Dev!!!
Some people just don't seem to have any common sense. I guess Loren is right. It's a gift that not everyone gets. If you think you will be happy with a glider, I say go for it. Jack actually tried mine out while she was here and loved it, so things were differently for people. Good luck with everything. You're getting so close. You could only be minutes away! Yeah!
P.S. When I am talking about people not having common sense, I am referring to the lady who sold the glider! I guess what I wrote could have come out offensive if read differently than I meant it. :)
Whatever! Dev, I'm so sorry. That just plain sucks. It sounded perfect. Good luck on the search for another one! You can do it!
Post a Comment