on a house that is! we have been waiting and waiting for everything to go through and we just got the word that the closing date is febuary 28th-yippeee!!! best part is that we got a crazy low interest rate {4.75%} which i keep telling myself is why i had to wait all these long months. the house isn't much to look at right now, it needs works and is generally not pretty or what i like. but what i do like is that it has 4 bedrooms, i living room and a family room, a two car garage and it sits on one acre. we are so ready for more space, privacy, and no noise from upstairs neighbors! it is located in a smaller country town about 10 miles from poway (where chris's parents live), it will be a bit slower out there, but still not a far drive to everything-so i like that. i am so excited to mold, create and change this house and piece of land into something beautiful. it will be ok by the time we move in, but give me a few years and i think it can be really sweet. and even though it is nothing compared to the type of home you could buy in utah or alabama or somewhere else for the money, it is a good deal, because just 4 years ago it sold for 2/3 more them what we are buying it for. overall, i am excited, i bit scared, and now checking out every blog and book for paint ideas. i need to have the paint completely picked out and purchased before close because we want to paint before the new flooring is put in...any ideas/pictures from my fabulous friends would be helpful! i will keep you posted on it all!
{sorry the picture is such crap, i never took one and this is the one from the appraiser}
imagine it with pretty landscaping and maybe a trellis over the entry and a paint job-could be great right???

12 comments:
congrats
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sure you're going to make it everything you want it to be! I am so happy for you!
Dang it! I'm logged in as Marcus again.. but this is Anna. Sorry :(
WOW!!!!! Congratulations. It will be so fun to make it yours and I know you'll do such a great job. I can't wait to see all the before and after pics. We will have to plan little playdates at Balboa Park etc next year when my big kiddies are in school and we can meet up.
you are sooo nice about my little sick house. when will the madness end? it continues today with an exciting outing to a dr follow up. good times!
YAY!!! i'm so excited for you. there is nothing better than going from apartment life to a house.
have so much fun decorating and fixing it up! miss you!!
YEA YEA YEA. one acre!!! can't believe it. I am SO happy for you! yea for getting to DECORATE!
Sweet!!! You will LOVE being a homeowner. You get to do whatever you want and you don't have to explain it to a landlord (well maybe you will have to do some explaining to Chris:) )
CONGRATS!!!
That is so exciting! Congratulations. I can't wait to see all the amazing things you do.
Exciting news! That is such a big step and the one that made me feel officially like a grown-up! It looks and sounds like a great place - Post lots of pictures of your progress!
Dev that is so awesome. It looks big. Congrats.
How cool and exciting. Nice choice on the ranch style. That's what we have and I thought I wanted stairs but am so happy it is only 1 level. When we upgrade I'd like to find a bigger ranch style on some land. We'll see. I can't wait to see what you do with it, I know you will make it look fabulous Dev. Oh and we are the suckers who bought 3 years ago for double the $$$ boo.
YAY!!! I'm SO EXCITED for you guys! I know how long you've been searching and what a huge process it's been. I'm glad that the house price and interest rates are in your favor now, though. That is positive. I can't wait to get to come see it. You make everything beautiful. You'll transform the place in no time. Good luck with the paint! Love you!!!
Post a Comment